AfroLatinx Travel is a network of Black Latin Americans based throughout the Americas. The team facilitates travel, trips, ground tours, group trips and itineraries. These are focused on the historical African heritage, legacy and contemporary cultural manifestations and realities.
Moreover, their travel expertise, personal and professional connections to organizations, artists and community members in the global Black Latin American communities, allows the team to curate meaningful, ethical travel. The purpose is to support communities locked out of access in the tourism industry.
Currently, there are over 150 million Afrodescendants in Latin America and the Caribbean. AfroLatinx Travel therefore offers specials and customizable packages to interested tourists and clients in efforts of bridging the African diaspora.
AfroLatinx Travel Services
- Schools and University Educational Tours – These are planned Afro-focused trips for middle-school, high school and university students across the US.
- Afro-focused Custom Trips and Itineraries – These are offered Tour packages aptly titled; AfroPanama, AfroPuerto Rico, AfroPeru, AfroPortugal and Spain among others depending on destination.
- Community Building Exchanges – Includes the ongoing ” Brown Dolls and Books for Brown Children” and the annual “Black Doll Festival” in Havana, Cuba.
Meet the Team
The AfroLatinx Team comprises of;
- Dash Harris Machado from Havana, Cuba, whose work on blackness in Latin America, spans over a decade.
- Javier Wallace from Panama who is currently completing his PhD in Physical Education focusing on AfroLatinos in Sports at UT Austin.
- Victor Machado A Cuban Drummer, Yoruba babalawo, palero and Abakua Member. Machado has facilitated over 100 AfroCuba Tours.
- Fayida Jailler A British multi-media journalist and documentary researcher who has lived and worked in 8 different Latin American countries.
See more on Travel & Transport
Address & Contact Details
1)Panama City, Panama 2)Havana, Cuba 3)New York, New York